The universities which will make you a millionaire!
Mail Online publishes this insightful piece on the “graduate rich list” which shows you “where to study to make your millions”:
A new graduate ‘rich list’ has revealed the universities where students are most likely to become multi-millionaires.
Oxford comes top after producing 401 alumni worth £20million or more, and Cambridge is in second place with 361 – but Cambridge has the most billionaires.
The average super-rich graduate from Cambridge has a fortune of £169million, more than twice as much as Oxford’s ultra-wealthy ex-students.
The full list with some tasty examples is as follows:
1) Oxford - 401 super-rich graduates worth an average £83m each – alumni include Monty Python comedian Michael Palin
2) Cambridge - 361, £169m – including Borat actor Sacha Baron Cohen
3) LSE - 273, £84m – including Rolling Stones singer Sir Mick Jagger
4) Imperial - 127, £67m – including Queen guitarist Brian May
5) London Business School - 106, £99m – including Tata Sons chairman Cyrus Mistry
6) Manchester - 102, £22m – including former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy
7) UCL - 99, £29m – including comic and actor Ricky Gervais
8) Nottingham - 92, £22m – including head of MI5 Sir John Sawers
9) Edinburgh - 80, £52m – including Olympic cyclist Sir Chris Hoy
10) Birmingham - 68, £69m – including Manchester United CEO David Gill
Well, it’s one way to help with that UCAS application.