It’s gown and mortar board season
Having realised that I’ve written quite a few posts on graduation in the past, and being short of something new to say as our graduation season kicks off this week, I thought I would bring together a few recent pieces on this most special of university occasions. So, here they are, in an artificially generated order, my top 5 graduation posts of the past couple of years:
- A very recent post on graduation challenges including Decanal difficulties with names and a failed graduand backflip.
- The surprising news that swimming was not part of graduation requirements any more for one US university.
- The differences between a US-style Commencement and a graduation.
- The strange ceremonial use for a weapon at graduation – the place of the mace.
- And finally, Graduation as being all a bit lovely like London 2012 (if we can remember that far back).
So, do hope that keeps everyone going until I have something more original to offer.